•SPUTNIC Publishable Activity Report is now available in DOC format
•SPUTNIC State of The Art report is now available
•Policy and Research Recommendations Report is now available in DOC format.
•SPUTNIC report on Challenges in Public Transport Sector is now available in PDF format.
•NEW Final brochure of the project - Strategies for Public Transport in Cities is now available for download in PDF format:
•Public transport good practice case studies:
- Market Organisation
- Institutional Framework and Cooperation – Net Cost Contract Trial; BLEKINGE, SWEDEN (235Kb PDF file)
- Public service contracts in transport; GDYNIA, POLAND (276Kb PDF file)
- Combining train ticket sales with other retail; GILLINGHAM, UNITED KINGDOM (209Kb PDF file)
- Customer Satisfaction Survey within ZVV for quality improvement and as basics for bonus payments; CANTON OF ZURICH, SWITZERLAND (169Kb PDF file)
- Integrated Public Transport of the Southern Moravia Region and the City of Brno (400Kb PDF file)
- Funding a Metro through land development; ØRESTAD, COPENHAGEN IN DENMARK (267Kb PDF file)
- The implementation of a season pass tariff union and the transition to an integral tariff union; OSTWIND, SWITZERLAND (251Kb PDF file)
- Revenue Distribution in Swiss Tariff Unions; SWITZERLAND (310Kb PDF file)
- Rolling stock renewal with a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD); SOFIA, BULGARIA (206Kb PDF file)
- Legislation on Public Transport; SWITZERLAND (257Kb PDF file)
- Innovative public transport funding scheme; UPPER ENGADINE DISTRICT, SWITZERLAND (225Kb PDF file)
- Incentive contracts of the public transport authority Västtrafik; WEST SWEDEN (249Kb PDF file)
- Network, Timetable and Tariff Integration in Verkehrsverbund Oberelbe; DRESDEN, GERMANY (251Kb PDF file)
- Organisational Model of Verkehrsverbund Oberelbe; DRESDEN, GERMANY (268Kb PDF file)
- Corporate Management
- Athens: Use of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as a Management Tool (440Kb PDF file)
- Restructuring and transformation at Salzburg AG (300Kb PDF file)
- Restructuring at Brno Public Transport Company (116Kb PDF file)
- Telematic innovations for Public Transport; PLOIESTI, ROMANIA (360Kb PDF file)
- Transformation project at Prague Public Transit (DPP); PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC (489Kb PDF file)
- Customer Relations
- Information for Persons with Impaired Mobility; PRAGUE (233Kb PDF file)
- Sustainable mobility marketing; KRAKOW (454Kb PDF file)
- High Quality Bus Corridor – Starship; BURNLEY AND PENDLE, UNITED KINGDOM (281Kb PDF file)
- High Quality Bus Services – Reading Buses; READING, UNITED KINGDOM (314Kb PDF file)
- Public Transport Marketing and Promotion Campaign; TALLINN, ESTONIA (137Kb PDF file)
- URTP – Romanian Association of Public Transport (310Kb PDF file)
- Statistical Yearbook on Romanian Public Transport (188Kb PDF file)
- SWOT Analysis; VILNIUS, LITHUANIA (240Kb PDF file)
- Equipment and Operational Aspects
- Tele-bus: Demand-Responsive Transport Service (260Kb PDF file)
- Bus with a High Level of Service: the Busway of Nantes (349Kb PDF file)
- Dynamic Passenger Information System; LEIPZIG, GERMANY (296Kb PDF file)
- GPS based fleet management system; SOFIA, BULGARIA (179Kb PDF file)
- Design of stops and stations for level-access of busses and tramways; LEIPZIG, GERMANY (381Kb PDF file)
- Dynamic Passenger Information for the Vision Impaired; PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC (330Kb PDF file)
- High-Level Bus Service: the Quality Bus Network; DUBLIN, IRELAND (266Kb PDF file)
- The LeoLiner Tram; LEIPZIG, GERMANY (462Kb PDF file)
•NEW Guidelines in Corporate Management are now available for download in PDF format.
•NEW Guidelines in Equipment and Operations are now available for download in PDF format.
•NEW Guidelines in Market Organization are now available for download in PDF format.
•NEW Guidelines in Customer Relations are now available for download in PDF format.
•Third SPUTNIC Newsletter is now available for download in PDF format.
•Second SPUTNIC Newsletter is now available for download in PDF format.
•First SPUTNIC Newsletter is available for download in PDF format.
LATEST NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
||NEW SPUTNIC project has come to its end.
During the last three years we have had the privilege of working with so many committed experts and stakeholders we would like to thank for their interest and involvement. We have exchanged ideas and shared experience, developed useful products that could not have been possible without your valuable input and contribution.
We would like to thank you again and inform you that the SPUTNIC website with all available content as today will be accessible until October 2014
||SPUTNIC Final Conference - Presentations
The SPUTNIC project consortium held its Final Conference in Brussels on 3 July 2009. The conference started with a presentation by Franz Söldner, Deputy Head of Unit at the DG TREN responsible for clean transport & urban transport, outlining current and planned transport policies of the European Commission and a welcome note of UITP’s Secretary General Hans Rat.
Hans Rat handed over to Franz Söldner the "SPUTNIC Charter for a better Public Transport", which was signed online by more than 130 persons.
In the following each leader of the four SPUTNIC priority areas presented the project outcomes from a theoretical point of view. In order to better visualise the results experts from the related field held in-depth presentations of real-life examples. The project coordinator closed the meeting by giving overall conclusions.
The participants received a draft of the Final Report “Political and Research Recommendations” as well as a USB-stick containing all SPUTNIC documents such as reports, guidelines, background papers, presentations, etc.
Please find below the presentations from the event:
|| SPUTNIC Online Petition
The SPUTNIC Consortium has worked for three years exploring challenges and best practices for transitional economies, with a special focus on Central and Eastern Europe, and pledges persons involved and interested in public transport to sign online the "SPUTNIC Charter for a better Public Transport".
This document with all signatures shall be handed over to European Commission representatives at the SPUTNIC Final Conference on 3 July 2009. The SPUTNIC consortium is looking forward to your active contribution.
||SPUTNIC Final Conference
Join us for the Final Conference on 3rd of July 2009 in Brussels! Sector professionals will learn about new approaches to challenges wrought by market competition, changing institutional frameworks and dwindling budgets. Programme available soon. For more information please contact: sebastian.emig at uitp.org
Download the available conference documents:
||SPUTNIC Second Plenary Session, Vienna, 12-13 February, 2009|
During this Plenary Session the participants worked on summarizing the so far obtained project results and established a synopsis of the outcomes from the four cluster groups to form a cluster-independent overview of recommendations for the public transport sector.
The clusters have integrated the outcomes in so-called matrices which can be downloaded below:
||Third SPUTNIC Newsletter is now available for download in PDF format.
||Fourth SPUTNIC working group meeting, Prague, Czech Republic
The meeting took place on October 9-10, 2008 and the topics for the fourth working group meeting were the following:
Documentation (presentations, minutes, conclusions) of the fourth SPUTNIC working group meeting in Prague are ready for download.
- Market Organisation: Contracts, incentives and monitoring
- Customer Relations: Monitoring and analysis of the public transport market
- Corporate Management: Strategic Corporate Management
- Equipment and Operational Aspects: Spare part exchange database and Fleet management
||Article "Increasing the Quality of Public Transport in Prague" is available in PDF format
||SPUTNIC State Of The Art report is now available
||Second SPUTNIC Newsletter is now available in 6 other languages, Bulgarian, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian and Slovak.
||SPUTNIC public transport case studies are available for download in PDF format.
||Second SPUTNIC Newsletter is now available for download in PDF format.
|| A new SPUTNIC report on Challenges in Public Transport Sector is now available in PDF format.